Dr. Mary Christian Reed performs various procedures for the removal of skin cancers.
How can I reduce my risk of skin cancer?
- Daily sunscreen use SPF 15 or higher (Look for active ingredient of Titanium Dioxide or Zinc)
- Schedule annual skin checks with your General Dermatologist
- Check your skin from head to toe once a month. Look for spots that are changing color, size and/or shape, including areas that are not exposed to the sun (under arms, toe webs, etc.) If a spot continues to change over 2 months, contact your Dermatologist for evaluation.
- Avoid the sun 10 A.M. - 4 P.M.
- Avoid tanning beds
- Use broad-brimmed hats that cover the ears and UV-blocking sunglasses